Today UniversalDoctor is on site at the 2013 Mobile World Congress (MWC). We will be sharing live updates from the MWC via dynamic blog posts. Check back often for news and updates.
Scroll down for news on our special promotion for UniversalDoctor Speaker in honor of MWC…
What is the GSMA Mobile World Congress (MWC)?
It’s one of the most important mobile industry events showcasing all different kinds of mobile technology advancements, including new mobile products and services. This year it is attended by over 70,000 people from 200+ countries, displaying technology advancements from 1,500 exhibitors. It runs from February 25-28th in the Fira Gran Via in Barcelona, Spain.
Major News & Updates from MWC (continuously updates throughout the day):
- Orange, Morhpo set to unveil new mobile health service:
- Qtel rebrands itself as ‘Ooredoo’: Middle East operator group Qtel is re-launching itself under a new brand – ‘Ooredoo.’
- Wireless carriers seek cross-border spectrum cooperation
- China unveils ‘world’s fastest smartphone’: Telecoms giant Huawei presents a device it claims can download high definition films in minutes and songs in seconds
- Firefox OS wins major operator backing
- Nokia 105: Nokia unveils cheapest phone: 15€ phone, requires charge only once a month
- Nokia takes aim at China with budget-friendly Lumias
- How MasterCard plans to transform mobile purchases
- Egyptian Companies Showcase Egypt’s Strength in ICT at GSMA Mobile World Congress
- M2M multi-operator alliance announces single worldwide sim card trials, adds new member Etisalat (PDF)
- Latest MWC13 news from CNet: including new product reviews
- BBC News Updates from MWC
Over the course of the MWC, many will discover UniversalDoctor Speaker — a suite of enterprise, web and mobile applications built for hospitals, health care professionals and patients to overcome language barriers when delivering or receiving treatment and care. UniversalDoctor Speaker facilitates health care communication across languages by offering thousands of medical questions and answers with audio files translated into over 15 languages. All of our medical translations have been reviewed by different medical translation specialists and a medical association.
UniversalDoctor Speaker for iPhone/iPad is only 0.99c for a limited time! We want everyone at MWC to try out our mobile application, which offers an offline mobile medical translator in 11 languages, ideal for travelers and patients as it translates medical conditions, symptoms, allergies, prescriptions, diagnoses, treatment options and more.
More than 150,000 people around the world have already downloaded UniversalDoctor Speaker, making it one of the top 10 medical apps in the US for several weeks. Over 50 hospitals across Europe are also using our UniversalDoctor Speaker technology to communicate better with their patients.
UniversalDoctor enters the MWC…