An international jury of 60 experts from nearly 50 countries has selected UniversalDoctor Speaker out of nearly 500 initiatives as a global winner of the UN WSA-mobile 2014 Award.
Amid the world’s best mobile application developers, UniversalDoctor will be honoured with the global UN-based World Summit Award mobile (WSA mobile) at the World Summit Global Congress in Abu Dhabi, 1-3 February, 2015. UniversalDoctor Speaker was selected by the global Jury out of 480 submissions from over 100 countries.
UniversalDoctor will receive their Award in the mEnvironment & mHealth category in front of UN representatives, ICT ministries and the private sector.
This event is within the United Nations framework of the World Summit for the Information Society and WSA (World Summit Award) is a flagship initiative.
World Summit Award was launched as part of the United Nations Summit on the Information Society in 2003 and is the unique global competition for recognizing the best in m-Content and Creativity. WSA is implementing the mandate of the UN WSIS Tunis Action Plan towards 2015.
“To drive meaningful and relevant innovation in mobile technology, you have to connect smart minds. With the WSA mobile we dive into the status quo of mobile content and showcase the momentum of development all over the world. This year’s winners are an excellent selection of the most important factor of development – matching local solutions to local needs. Abu Dhabi will be the special stage to highlight the swing of state-of-the-art mobile content serving to develop local communities, national social strategies and meaningful use of mobile technologies”, says WSA Chairman Peter A. Bruck.
The WSA-mobile winners were selected by a Jury of international ICT experts in two democratic rounds. Each UN Member State is eligible to nominate one product per category for the World Summit Award. This way any nomination results from a national pre-selection prior to the international WSA Jury.
Hosted by the Abu Dhabi Systems & Information Centre (ADSIC), the WSA mobile Gobal Congress will deliver a best practice exhibition of the top digital m-Content projects worldwide. From 1-3 February 2015, Abu Dhabi will turn into “a global panopticum of smart minds doing smart things”, states Peter A. Bruck.
The agenda of the WSA mobile Global Congress will be a compilation of interaction and inspiration, assembling workshops, business blind-dates and infamous keynotes, bringing together UN and governmental representatives, privates sector and innovators.
INVITED KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Houlin Zhao, Secretary General, ITU
- H.E. Abdullah Saeed Al Darmaki , CEO Khalifa Fund for Entreprise Development, UA
- Dr. Ahmed Bin Ali, Etisalat
- H.E. Ivo Ivanovski, Minister Ministry of Information Society and Administration, Government of the Republic of Macedonia, Macedonia
- H.E. Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams, Deputy Minister of Communications, South Africa
- Dr. Sara Diamond, President and Vice-Chancellor, OCAD University, Canada
- Taavi Kotka, Deputy Secretary General – ICT at Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications for Estonia, Estonia
- Anne Shongwe, Founder and CEO Afroes, South Africa
- Lalith Weeratunga, Permanent Secretary to the President of Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka
- Ralph Simon, Chairman Emeritus & Founder, Mobile Entertainment Forum-Americas, UK
- H.E. Mohamed Nasser Al Ghanim, Director General – Telecommunications Regulatory Authority
- Janine Warner, Media Executive, Creator of DigitalFamily.com, USA
- Catherine Warren, President, FanTrust Entertainment Strategies, Canada
- Boris Nemsic, Executive Partner, Delta Partners
- Gary Schwartz, President & CEO, Impact Mobile, Canada
- Dorothy Gordon, DG Kofi Annan Center for Excellence in ICT and Development
- Jari Tammisto, President, Mobile Monday, Finland
- Madanmohan Rao, Chief Researcher, Mobile Monday, Singapore
- Maya Makanjee, Chief Officer Corporate Affairs, Vodacom Group Limited, South Africa
- Bitange Ndemo, Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Information and Communications, Kenya
- Paul Hughes, Innovator and Founder of 10 Metres of Thinking, UK
About World Summit Award-mobile
The World Summit Award Mobile is a global initiative within the framework of, and in cooperation with, the United Nations World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS), in collaboration with UNESCO, UNIDO and UN GAID. The WSA-mobile is the only ICT event worldwide, that reaches the mobile community in over 170 countries. Abu Dhabi, as the city of the award’s key partner ADSIC (Abu Dhabi Systems & Information Centre), is host for all WSA-mobile Awards.